Friday 16 March 2018

For a start


I always drive automatic transmission cars. This means that if your battery fails in the middle of nowhere, you are in trouble - even if you carry standard jump-leads with you. I have just bought one of these.

About a year ago, a friend of mine bought one of the above. It is smaller than a mobile phone and will start largish engines - on its own - about 3 or 4 times on one charge. It does not even get warm, whereas I have actually set fire to poor quality standard jump leads before now. It will also charge phones and laptops in the middle of nowhere.

My friend is the Chief Engineer on board a very large ship. I asked him how on earth these things work. He said, "I don't know, but they do."

Time for an old joke:

A man goes into a pub with jump-leads round his neck, and orders a beer.

The landlord says, "I'm not serving you. You look like you are about to start something."

10 comments:

  1. I never tire of the old ones. Thanks Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman walks into The Bell Inn in Bath with a Lamb. "Where did you get the Pig?" asks the barman. "That isn't a Pig, it's a Lamb" replied the woman. "I was talking to the Lamb" replied the barman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two aerials met on a roof and fell in love. The wedding was rubbish but the reception was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's similar to the bad conductor who they put in the electric chair for throwing someone off his moving bus. You can guess the rest.

      Delete
  4. A horse walks into a bar. The barman says"why the long face?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bear walks into a bar and says, "I would like............... a beer."

      Barman says, "Why the long pause? (paws... oh, never mind.)

      Delete
  5. I don't know these jokes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean they are not funny, you cannot remember them, or both?

      Delete