Thursday 15 March 2018

A walk in the woods


I am undergoing a little experiment right now. I have stopped smoking tobacco and taken up vaping for the last year or so. It was never my plan to give up nicotine altogether, so I have no immediate plans to give up vaping.

I have been hearing lots of anecdotal reports about the beneficial effects of CBD products so I bought some CBD fluid for the vape yesterday, and mix it with the nicotine fluid.

CBD is a cannabis extract and is completely legal because all the stuff which gets you stoned (THC) is taken out of it, leaving everything else behind. You can smoke it all day and not get at all high, except from the lack of oxygen.

Cannabis - or the CBD in it - has long been used to treat the symptoms of all sorts of maladies including dementia and arthritis. The blend of CBD I bought also contains 'terpenes'. I had to look it up. Terpenes are a defence against insects that plants produce, and many of the volatile plants like mint and pine trees produce the most. Mine is infused with the pine version. Terpenes are also supposed to have a beneficial effect, but exactly what it is I have yet to discover. I think it may be a calming influence.

What I really like about this stuff is that it takes the harshness of the nicotine away and replaces it with the evocative scent of pine forests, but without the harmful resins. The only trouble is that it is about 10 times more expensive than the straight nicotine stuff.

It looks as though there are a lot of people vaping in that pine forest...

14 comments:

  1. You could always mainline on Retsina, might be cheaper?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that years ago. Resin seeped from my pores.

      Delete
  2. I've just been reading that 'vaping' in Thailand could get you 10 years in prison. Best keep to those Somerset woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intention of going to Thailand, or Singapore - I use chewing gum too.

      Delete
  3. I have been reading a lot about this CBE oil lately and have bought some for Tom. He has a lung disease and a cough and it has been helpful for him.
    When I mentioned this to the Doctor in the hospital he was all for it and said that its a pity more research isn't done as there are many good things that it can do.
    I guess while the big pharmaceutical companies are making money from their various pills we will not hear a lot about the values of CB
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the hype has something behind it.

      Delete
  4. Whatever floats your boat I say Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't smoke, so I'm much more keen on getting synthetic alcohol on the market as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been on the market for years. It's called methylated spirits. a very inexpensive drink, but you need a mixer.

      Delete
  6. My nephew switched to vape, at least five years ago. Best of luck to your effort, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite interesting, especially at my age. Star Trek smoking.

      Delete
  7. You are never too old to experiment. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be illegal where I live. I'd opt for the thc kind, illegal too.

    ReplyDelete